At Cummins Facility Services (CFS), earning the ISSA Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS) and CIMS-Green
Building (GB) certification is a significant milestone. After all, the thorough process and third-party assessment are clear
validation of our outstanding business practices. But at CFS, the certification means much more than that: It allows us
to offer our customers valuable benefits.
What is CIMS?
The Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS) was created as a framework to help facility service providers
develop customer-centered organizations that deliver consistent, quality services. CIMS evaluates the entire cleaning
organization which includes the people (managers and technicians), products and cleaning procedures. CIMS was
developed by the cleaning industry and for the cleaning industry so the companies who are certified are truly the best
in the facility services business.
CIMS CERTIFICATION ALLOWS OUR CUSTOMERS TO :
- Choose a company that is truly professional and capable of getting the job done.
- Be assured that our management systems and processes were assessed by an independent third-party and that we
comply with the industry’s leading standard.
- Take advantage of the savings and service improvements that come from reducing costs by improving efficiency.
- Know that we have a sustainable business model that will provide them with valuable, long-term service.
- Take the guesswork out of identifying a quality, customer-focused, professional organization.
- Be assured that we can help them achieve points for green cleaning practices under the U.S. Green Building
- Council’s LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance (LEED EB: O&M).
- Have a direct compliance option for the new green cleaning policy prerequisite in Version 4 of LEED EB: O&M.
CIMS and CIMS-GB certification are administered by ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association.